Thursday, August 25, 2011

Translation of Max Ernst Une Semaine de Bonte

Panel 1: Woman: "I see you there, Rooser. With you wife's egg upon which you sit on, you little thing. I challenge you to a duel, my friend. A duel." 



Panel 2: Rooster: "I've brought along my friend, dear child. You have much to learn about meddling with the likes of me. Now I lay you down to sleep, pray to whomever your soul to keep."

Panel 3: Woman: "You do not scare me, for I do not fear death. You are only birds... only birds. Not angels from heaven, but merely birds" 


Panel 4: Rooster to Friend: "Now what?" Woman : AAAArrrggghhhh!!!

Panel 5: Rooster in Tuxedo: "My minions, what glorious work you have done for your master. Let's Celebrate!" 


Panel 6: "You guys stay here... I'll be back when the body is taken care of."

So I didn't so much as translate these images, but gave them dialogue instead. I imagined the rooster king as some sort of ancient descendant of David Bowie as the Goblin King in Labyrinth. Who kidnapped women and releases their soul to his higher power. While this may not have been the original assignment I think I accomplished the goal, which was to create a story using these images and interpret the narrative through your eyes. 

There was no right answer right?





No comments:

Post a Comment